Internal Student Awards
Students must apply for the award or scholarship by July 15th. Supporting documents must accompany each application. Each Applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application by September 1st.
To apply for any of the following awards please send/email a letter to the Post Secondary Specialist stating your request to be considered for the award(s).
Academic Achievement Scholarships
In recognition of academic achievement the Bella Bella School Board will award scholarships to students in Level I or II who meet the following criteria:
· They must be full-time students currently receiving assistance under the Post-Secondary Program
· They must have completed one full-time year with a grade average of B or higher. (GPA 3.00)
· The scholarship will be in the amount of $1,500.00
If there is only one eligible student and will be divided between eligible students with each to receive no less than $750.00
Strategic Studies Scholarship in Level II
In order to encourage students to engage in studies that directly contribute to achieving Self-Government and Economic Self-Reliance the Bella Bella School Board will award incentive scholarship as follows:
Students who are currently receiving financial assistance under the Post-Secondary Program and who are enrolled as full-time students in a university degree program of studies are eligible for these scholarships.
· The amount of a scholarship awarded will be up to a maximum of $4,000.00 annually
· Who will be eligible: A student who successfully completes the university degree program. The Scholarships are awarded annually on September 1st. If more than one is eligible for the scholarship, the $4,000.00 will be divided equally.
An incentive for Students Enrolled in Level III & IV Programs
· Full-time students with Level III & IV programs may receive an incentive from the Bella Bella Community School Board in the amount of $2,500.00 per student. This will be provided only once upon successful completion of the program and will be paid on September 1st after the year of completion.
Check out the PS Handbook for more details and see the below Student Awards form!